The top rule and goal for the USS Minerva is to write and have fun. However, we do need a few rules to best ensure that everyone is able to do that. These rules are kept limited, but they are strictly enforced. Please read closely.
1. Every simmer is expected to treat each other with respect and courtesy. Flaming, intolerance, or otherwise aggressive/insulting behavior will not be tolerated. The USS Minerva is made up of writers covering the spectrum of race, religion, sexual/gender orientation, and lifestyles. Characters will cover this spectrum as well. If this is a problem for you, then this is not the sim for you.
If you encounter any of these prohibited behaviors, please bring it to the command team. If it is a member of command, bring it to the other command member or the next highest ranking. Every incident will be examined on a case-by-case basis, but every one will be taken seriously and action will be taken accordingly.
2. In addition to the above, we expect every simmer to respect the personal boundaries of other simmers either by Nova PM, by email, or on Discord (channels or PMs). If you are asked by a simmer to give them space or leave them alone, you will be expected to do so. If a writer is not interested in writing with you or writing a specific story line, that should be respected. Ignoring this will be treated as harassment and the incident should be brought up through channels to be reviewed and dealt with accordingly.
3. We do not accept players under the age of 18. Any players found to be under the age of 18 will be immediately removed without question. By agreeing to these terms and applying to join, you are saying that you are above the age of 18 and the Minerva assumes no legal responsibility if you are lying your underage ass off.
It is important to note that while we allow 18+ content, this is not an Adult Game. We are about good story-telling first and foremost. We want to encourage freedom for our writers so we allow some adult content, but keep it reasonable/necessary to the story and mark the log with an 18+ or "Adult" in the subject to make people aware before they read it that there is graphic sex and/or violence.
Any simmer seen to be abusing this privilege will be warned. Removal from the game is possible if warnings are not heeded.
Every simmer is expected to write two logs per calendar month. (This is per writer and not per character.) This can be duty or personal, solo or joint. There is no "hard" minimum word count, but we do want to see a little body to it.
* A character cannot hold a department head position at a rank lower than full lieutenant.
* If a department head misses the two-post-per-month minimum on a consistent basis, warnings or removal are possible. Command will discuss the matter with the simmer.